View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3715724)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strange comment cg but I see your angle.

Laverty was very well respected in MotoGP, as was Rea when he tried to get in. Eugene was getting some superb results on a rather old bike, and the only reason he came back to the far smaller world of superbikes was money and to ride a bike he went well on in the past, the Aprilia.

His place was taken by that astonishing talent Abraham! What would you rather do, stand the chance of getting points and impressing MotoGP team managers as he did last year? Or go back, earn a bunch of cash in a championship that is nothing like as competitive.

I and lots of others simply did not understand the decision. He was doing a fabulous job and seemed to leave because he couldn't get the promise of a better bike, almost a hissy fit in my eyes. He was doing brilliantly on what he had!

The team he was riding for was Spanish, they wanted a top Spanish rider on their bike and got Bautista, a good deal. Laverty was never going to get that bike, but could have stayed where he was and probably made Alvaro look bad.

Eugene had already done his time in Superbike, and proved himself over again. No need to come back until there were no seats offered.