View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3850842)   #8
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Being from the days where second might be a lap behind the winner, I gave it a 7 as I usually do. I save higher (or lower) for those really special occasions.

'In my 60s and still have an attention span of more than an apple and wonder why so many expect a nose to nose race all the time or else consider the sport rubbish.... We're still seeing the best minds building and developing the best machines; and the best teams and drivers getting the most out of them. Of course on most days the racing won't be close. On many, the fields will be spread out. As they should.

The fields are closer than ever and there's still complaining. I don't understand....

Wanting contrived "exciting racing" all the time, all one needs to do is watch NASCAR, IndyCar, or BoPed sportscars. A shame that many want not to see the best shine in favor of supposed "excitement". Isn't that nearly exciting as "scripted" entertainment one can find in the theatre or on the "tube"? I guess I answer my own question.
Of course, to each his own.

jimclark