View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3869199)   #7
Basic GPa
Rookie

Basic GPa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good morning all,

Thanks for bouncing back to me, I appreciate the input. Attached is a summary of the race appearances made by Chevy II's driven by Sachs & Kelsey in 1962. In the last column are the information sources I have found to date. Does anyone know of others? Scans would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion to check TouringCarRacing. In the past I have made use of this site quite frequently while working on various articles. Frank de Jong often helped by furnishing detailed information beyond what appeared on the site. I miss the dialogue we had.

Also thanks to Terry O'Neil for a great job filling in the blanks.

To date I have found photos of the cars on-track but nothing of a detailed nature (i.e. engine, interior, suspension, etc.) or of them in the paddock, on the grid or in the winners' circle. Has anyone else ever seen any?

Sachs & Kelsey's cars both had Corvette V8's. Sachs was carbureted and Kelsey's had Rochester FI. They were installed using a "kit" Chevrolet produced and documented in both "Hot Rod" and "Car Life" magazines. I believe this was listed in the Homologation Papers as a "Dealer Installed Option", although the Homologation Papers appeared to have ben revised in 1964 and this item dropped.

Please keep the information coming, it has proven most helpful.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Take care,

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: xls Race Results - Chevy II - UK - 1962.xls (32.0 KB, 6 views)