Thread: DiRT Rally 2.0
View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3880872)   #30
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour has it that the WRC are tightening up on licencing, preventing any game using WRC stages or rallies. If so that's the end of sim racing on real WRC events (at least in the way that Dirt Rally and SLRE used WRC events).

I would like to see the next iteration of DR have an actual stage editor so that fans can use GPS data to produce their own tracks. Microsoft Train Simulator has something like this twenty years ago... That would remove a lot of problems around licensing. The only think comparable is the very old Bob's Track Builder for Richard Burns.

For me SLRE is still the best 'current-gen' rally sim - not perfect but here you have real stages and realistic modern cars. Even the modern 2wd cars feel very good (the only rally cars I've had meaningful experience of outside a rally school). They also got other things right, like proper roadside TV coverage in replays - something that everyone keeps asking for in the Dirt Series but which is never provided.