View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2012, 15:01 (Ref:3060968)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
The comment about the supposed 'Southen bloc' is an odd one. It's my personal view but I understand that the Canterbury Car Club wouldn't be against such a change. I haven't heard where South Canterbury Car Club & Southland Sports Car Club stand, although with the amount of business that the Tier 1 meetings bring to their circuits then they would no doubt be keen to protect that.

I also understand that as far as voting on MSNZ matters go, each of these car clubs only have 1(?) vote, but so do all of the other affiliated motorsport clubs (individual marque Car Clubs, rally clubs) all have a vote each too and so collectively these far outweigh the opinions & wishes of the circuit operating clubs.

I understand that this is why avgas was banned by MSNZ, because it was the large number of small clubs that thought 'we don't care as this doesn't concerns us but lets vote for it anyway', which caused a major headache for many circuit racers.
The CCC I would reckon is at a minimum neutral in the dispute. SCCC I would reckon would favor anything MSNZ would do because they bring Tier 1 and at the moment Supertourers isn't coming to Timaru. I don't know where the Southland Club would stand.

Sounds like a big mess to me and something that needs to get squared away. For one thing rally clubs or other car clubs that don't have anything to do with circuit racing issues, should not be voting on those issues.