Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3712434)   #2339
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is getting childish.

There are a lot of posters here who really are "insiders." They tend to be the folks who never claim to have "inside information." And often, people who have no information, and Know they have no information, argue that since they don't know, no one else does.

If Honda is in talks with Penske about a DPi, and has been for a while (I have been hearing about it for a while, but Not from "insiders"--and I am Not an "insider") then it is pretty far along, because Penske is Very professional and never spends his own money (with the very few times he sponsored one of his own IndyCars when he had an ace driver but couldn't get funds for a particular race, when IndyCar was pretty much lame.)

If Honda and Penske are planning a DPi, they have been talking contracts, funding, property rights, promotion budgets, they have more lawyers on the case than mechanics on the NASCAR team. Roger Penske doesn't rush into stuff blindly.

We might not know the details (though some of us, maybe with HPD connections, probably know more) but i can guaranteee you, Penske is very detail-oriented, so if there is a cr planned for 2018, a lot of the details have already been worked out.

I'd imagine which branch of Honda will be nominally footing the bill and reaping the media rewards, has been decided already. That would be one of the first considerations, because for Honda, the whole project would be a media exercise, and which branch would get credit ... and which branch would have the cost written into its 2017 budget--would need to be decided in 2016.

This isn't some guy trying to decide on Wednesday whether to put tires on the car he has up on blocks in his back yard and drive in the local Friday night demolition derby, folks.