Thread: Three stage DRS
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3785501)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no doubt its a combination of many things, but is this really a rules/car dimension/track design issue rather then an issue concerning the relative performance/speed difference of the teams?

hence why most of the passes we saw this year occurred when a faster car was hamstrung by penalties which put them outside of the natural running order.

this has been a problem for a while now...which is shy they brought in DRS in the first place. to encourage close racing and passes by trying to (artificially) eliminate the performance gap between teams.

maybe a budget cap wont get rid of this problem (not because it cant be enforced but rather because some teams will always be better at spending a fixed amount of money then others) but we have seen different car designs, different tire constructions, different track layouts and the problem yet persists.