View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2000, 14:45 (Ref:52083)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont see how a second year in indy lites would have been a waste..he could have put all his learning from year one into practise with the same team and same engineers and gone out and blitzed the series and possible get more chances of testing a champcar..but on the other hand lining up with the HOLDEN (I dont have a problem saying it ) racing team is probably the best move to make when coming home and I do think and hope he does give Skaife the hurry up not just for the good racing it will provide but for the fact that if he wants do go back overseas then he has to do well next year otherwise he can forget it..

another interesting thing is now that Mark Noske is not driving the Panoz at Adelaide does anyone think Jason might step up to the plate and have a go ..if Lowndes contract doesnt finish until midnight surely jason's doesnt start until midnight ???

I would have rather seen him stay in the US and give it his all..but i guess he knows what he is doing and good luck to him.
yes i think the gold coast deal was for 3 years and as far as I can tell he will still be trying to line up there agin in 2001..only time will tell and only if Jeff Crech lets him of course.