View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4074327)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
The TH Motorsport Skoda was intended for 2012.
Yes -

Press Release
TH Motorsport are delighted to announce that they will be returning to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) with a Skoda Octavia VRS built to the new Next Generation Touring Car (NGTC) regulations.

Trevor Humphrey, Team Principal of Watford based TH Motorsport, who until recently were regulars in the BTCC, stated his intention to return to the Championship as soon as possible after the team's last race at Oulton Park in June 2010.

The intention is to complete the build of the Skoda Octavia VRS before the end of this year, ready to make a competitive entry in the 2012 Championship. TH Motorsport's driver from the 2009 and 2010 Championships, Matt Hamilton, will be entrusted with the development of the car, and will be the team's race driver in 2012.

Trevor Humphrey explains, 'we were very disappointed to have to leave the BTCC in 2010, and it was always my intention to return as soon as possible. I considered purchasing an S2000 car to run this year, but for a smaller team like us, it was a "no brainer" to be patient, and go the NGTC route. In the long run, the NGTC car will be much more cost effective to run, and with a structured development programme, I know that we can be competitive.'

'I am looking forward to working with Matt (Hamilton) again. I was very impressed with the way that Matt adapted to Touring Cars, and I know that he has huge potential. Our participation in the BTCC with a Next Generation Touring Car is a long term commitment. We are also considering the option of building a second car if a driver with competitive credentials was to show an interest'

'The whole team are thrilled at the prospect of being back in the BTCC, it's where we want to be'.