View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2020, 08:00 (Ref:3959950)   #612
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hi Viva,

Many thanks for the offer.

As you can see it's now resolved but as background its an XC90 (Nov '19 iirc) with 2ltr engine Just the regular bottom end of the range model. It's the second one they have had but I don't recall any issues ever being mentioned with the previous one in the 2 years for which it was leased.
Hi Grant, was glad to see you resolved the problem. Out of interest I have just checked on our system but there is no technical information available for that vehicle, I could have maybe requested something but as you've solved the problem there was no point. One bit of advice about these 'modern diesel engined vehicles' is that it is always best to brim the fuel tank once it reaches about ΒΌ full. The necessary Diesel Particulate Filter regeneration won't happen if there is insufficient fuel in the vehicle, which can then lead to blockages and expensive replacements. The reason for brimming the tank (instead of doing what my wife does, and only puts a fivers worth every time the tank's empty!) is that they generally have a sensor on the fuel filler and every time that's activated it puts a squirt of additive into the system thinking the tank is full. Luckily my wife's car is too old for additives otherwise she'd be using more of that than fuel!