View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3959953)   #613
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad you’ve all worked out what adblu is and what it does! I’ve lived with an adblu Merc van for over 3 years, and it really isn’t a big deal. It has a separate gauge that is accessed via the settings menu, and warns when down to 1/4 full. The filler is next to the diesel one, well marked and a different nozzle size (smaller).

I am lucky that my Euro 4 truck was one of the last made not requiring adblu. It did influence my choice! As commented, all truck pump services now have an adblu one next to the diesel one, so one can replenish both at the same time if required. Apart from the extra running cost, most adblu trucks had smaller diesel tanks to accommodate the separate additive one, but they may be engineering round that now.

I do know car owners that weren’t even aware their new wheels required the stuff. One in particular had to have it pointed out to him by his wife....