View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2020, 11:54 (Ref:4018017)   #2165
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I wonder how much of that is 'project fear'? I know some of it is!

e.g. I'm not aware of a single mobile operator who plans to reintroduce roaming charges in EU. My own operator states on their website:
'We plan to continue to provide inclusive roaming to our customers going on holiday or travelling in the EU regardless of the outcome of the trade deal discussions.'

For motor sport, we know that hardly anyone actually gets paid to race even up to international GT level so all the 'work' stuff is totally irrelevant to drivers although it may apply to preparers. Then again it may not, as there is no payment from an EU person or company if the driver, owner and preparer are all UK-based, and so the EU activity can be provided as an inclusive service within a UK contract. Think outside the box!

We also know from a previous post that MSUK is working to provide a cost-effective partner for carnets. If you do the admin and paperwork yourself (and who else is better placed to create a list of your car, your tools and your spares?) then you just need an official stamp from your local chamber of commerce which may run to a few tens of pounds for the year. (this was discussed around a year ago too)

I wonder if somebody will try to tell us that prior to 1974 nobody ever went abroad to race a car !