View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3922840)   #4406
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As all the cars that I have owned since 1973 have been automatics, on a daily basis changing gear using a clutch to change gear is not something I have to worry about.

However, on the occasions that I have to hire a manual car or have driven trucks, I often find myself double de-clutching without thinking. It all comes back to the fact that my early cars didn't have synchromesh, nor, of course, any of the trucks back then. It also helped whenever the clutch cable snapped on the Hillman Imp I had the pleasure of driving between 1966 and 1969.