View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2563597)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes it was cold and yes it was a great meeting! There is always an "end of term" feel to this meeting. The main stand opposite the pits was empty becasue it was shut however the one opposite Woodcote and teh Silverstone Club stand was about 1/3rd full... I was actually surprised how many cars there were parked in the infield for a club meeting in October.
I went as a speccy and the races I watched were without serious incident (few cars visiting the Luffied gravel trap) and close. The Historic Roadsports I thought particularly good - close racing all the way down the field and without the obvious speed differentials of Guards - I can understand why so many choose to run smaller engined GT's in this series instead of Guards. Maybe the time has come to start easing out the B8's....
I went to the Guards Drivers AGM and was expecting it to be on how many 1 hour races should we have but sadly more time was spent on sprocket lengths - I thought I was in a real time ten tenths when the legality of B's and E Types started being discussed!
Out of interest who won the HFF championship?