View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2968491)   #99
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The FIA is a governing body, in the 80's-90's governership and commercial rights were complicated which led to conflicts of interest. EU regulations and the FIA's own reforms put an end to this, these days FOM owns the commercial rights to F1, ACO WEC, SRO GT, North One Sport WRC and KSO WTCC.
I don't think we've seen the last of the common engine scam and I'm guessing that if/when the FIA suggests it, it won't be to get Ferrari into prototypes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
If you get 5 or 6 manufacturers in the WEC they will demand better media coverage and will most likely get it. I am sure it is part of the plan already.
I don't know. The ILMC had 3 factory teams this year and one of them, BMW, is leaving and citing the television coverage as one of the reasons why. Granted it was a different situation in that GTE wasn't getting enough coverage, but I guess the same could happen even within LMP1. Let's say Peugeot and Toyota (for example) are doing some domination and Audi and Nissan (for example) are running off the pace and don't get as much coverage. Well, obviously the low performance is a negative, but the lack of coverage could be a negative as well. The ILMC/Le Mans race director only seems to give non-frontrunners coverage when they crash or get bored and stuff like that. Shots of Ullrich and Quesnel rubbing their noses get more coverage than most of the cars. Anyway, I think the lack of coverage is a problem and the quality of coverage isn't so hot either.