View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3322861)   #152
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
If aesthetics play a big part (which I agree they do), than why does your friend watch F1 and NASCAR? I don't know other people's opinion of F1 and NASCAR cars but they both look fairly ugly to me (NASCAR is getting a bit better). Does your pal consider F1 and NASCAR cars appealing?
That's a very good point. People go about the Indycars being ugly.

But F1 lately looks silly with those high, skinny back wings.
Nascar are just too big and the window frames have always been awkward and ugly. Smooth and slipstream doesn't apply to Nascar looks.
Rally cars are nothing but little old lady hatchbacks these days. Most touring car series' has pretty plain, boxy looking cars.

If you really watch car racing because you care about aesthetics, then sports car racing is where all the good looking cars are.

Part of Indycars issue is no one cares about the manufacturers. V8 Supercars in Aussie, to the casual fan, is more about manufacturer and Ford vs Holden than the actual drivers.
Even F1 still has manufacturers with all the Ferrari fans not really giving a damn who's actually in the car, all they care about is that it's Ferrari and winning.

No one cares much about Indycar's engines Honda vs Chevy. And the casual race fan won't even know what Dallara is - it certainly doesn't relate to their own road car.