View Single Post
Old 16 May 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3733882)   #56
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO, the Supercars thing is just a noise maker to squash any potential competition from luring any interest, teams or money away from them. All they have to do is keep making racket and putting out "news" stories about this potential rival and once the waters are muddied enough, Thunder 5000 will fade away. I think Australia could support one of these series but two of them simply is not going to fly and succeed IMO.

Once Lambden and Thunder 5000 surrender, Supercars will pull the pin on their little project. Even if it costs a million or something they probably see it as a worthy investment to smash the potential competition.

I've seen all the quotes and basically the Thunder 5000 group got punked pretty good by Supercars. I'm disappointed sure, and they can complain but in the end business is war and Supercars stuck the knife in good. I think they need to decide that complaining is only going to do so far and they need to decide to go their own way and make it happen or fold up shop. In the end I've enjoyed seeing the car run but we don't want to see years of demo runs.