View Single Post
Old 16 May 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3733959)   #57
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Having two different groups trying to revive large-engined, fast open wheelers in Oz (& I assume NZ) is a positive sign for the sport overall but whichever group goes ahead with it, the series is going to struggle somewhat (as all open wheel series above Formula Ford here have ultimately done). Yeah, I know that F5000 & F Pacific had some strong periods, but neither were consistently strong and sustainable. More recently, F Brabham/Holden struggled for consistent fields.

If, however, the series was on the Supercar bill and partly managed / supported by Supercar with maybe even some name drivers taking part, commercially it could do better than previous attempts. This approach could be taken with either of the proposed series.

Certainly, I don't think there's room for 2 - our market simply ain't big enough.

Clearly both have put a fair bit of time, effort and money into their respective projects to get cars up and running. Who did what first is IMHO moot and a somewhat childish argument if it continues - regardless of which one of them is throwing rocks at the other.

Telling thing to me is that Warburton says that Supercars holds the CMA with CAMS, which means that Lambden's series might be forced to run under a different sanctioning body if hard ball is played.

To me, it sounds like they all need to get in a room and sort their stuff out, rather than bickering in public, which does neither the sport overall nor the individuals concerned any good at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD