View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3913179)   #4424
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I know that a lot of the focus has been either on the Valkyrie LMP1 Hypercar or the current Vantage GTE. But does anyone think that the AM Valhalla (as the AM-RB 003 has been newly named) could have a future in GT racing? After all, it's supposed to be AM's competitor to the Ferrari F8 (488 successor/evolution) and the Lamborghini Hurican, as well as the McLaren 720 and Ford GT. Or will the Vantage continue to be the main Aston Martin weapon in GT racing for the foreseeable future? The Valhalla isn't due to be out for sale until next year as a 2021 MY vehicle.
One of the - as yet - unexplained parts of the emergence of the AM Hypercar programme is that - in all of my understanding - the Valhalla was initially meant to be the base model for Aston's Hypercar programme - the switch to Valkyrie came late - with the acceptance of programmes based on roadgoing 'hypercars'