View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3767025)   #12
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
What I am saying is development isn't going to be a waste, say he does the rest of the season and does well, then no reason why he couldn't go into 2018, I never said that he shouldn't go up if he is giving results, only if he isn't. My original opinion has been twisted and turned by other comments of certain type, you will be able to see what.
Sure RS doing the rest of Super2 would be great, budget permitting!

However, running in Super2 instead of doing 3 times the mileage per season in a main game with better competition to race against, seems like a waste of time.

Super2 is there for people out of karts, out of Formula Ford, out of Improved Production, V8 Ute racing or to a lesser extent for privateer/gentleman racers; so they can do miles and race without the pressure or costs of the Supercars series... It's not there for seasoned professionals of international motorsport.

Budget permitting, the lesser experienced Super2 drivers should probably be doing both Super2 and Kumho series (and heck, NZV8 too if budget permits), as Super2 is probably not enough seat time.