View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3930324)   #52
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3h9Z89U9ZA

20th Century FOX released trailer #2 for the upcoming movie. It already has nearly 5 million views after just two days. Despite the inevitable hollywood "USA vs. the bad guys" nonsense that will undoubtedly infest the film, the thing that is for certain is this will appeal and raise awareness to the masses who are otherwise ignorant to Le Mans and motorsport. Quite frankly I'd rather accept that avenue as opposed to a film that appeals directly to the niche motorsport culture only for it to flop at the outset because John Doe and Mary Sue couldn't relate to it ala Steve McQueen's Le Mans.
I didn't realise that Carrol Shelby was the main man behind the GT40 project, I thought there was some sort of UK involvement...