View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4116104)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, 11-5 and 10-6 are statistically very similar. Imagine throwing 16 times a coin, and repeating the experiment several times. Just by chance you would get a lot more variability than that,however the coin is exactly the same in all those experiments.

Sorry if I extend my babbling a bit more but I think it is an interesting point. (^_^)'

We, humans (and perhaps some users who are AIs in disguise :-p ), tends to be biased to perceive patterns where there is not more than randomness. Luckily. cold math calculations can save us of this king of bias of our mind.

So, 4-12 for Hamilton is rare to be observed by chance if LH and GR were equal. It could still happen, so Hammy is "Almost busted". However, Sainz's 2-14 is almost impossible to be gotten between two equal teammates just by chance. Thus, he is "Utterly busted": he is surely performing worse than Leclerc and not by bad luck alone.