View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2022, 19:47 (Ref:4118363)   #1088
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Just noticed we haven't heard from grantp for a while. I hope all is OK there.
Many thanks for your concern morninggents!

Somewhere between significant birthdays, "colds" or similar, wife's birthday, new granddaughter arriving and missed options (related to the above and other matters) to enjoy the HSCC at Donington as well as the MGCC last weekend, 10ths time has been eroded.

That and some persistent annoyances with the Saab which have persuaded me to use it as little as possible. Almost not at all. Probably just as well given the price of petrol.

I thought the latest problem (split cv joint gaiter less then 1 year and 2000 miles old) had been sorted at the end of last week BUT after a very short run today (1 mile to the local Coop) I noticed grease splattering over the wheel and covering the inside of it.

That may be the residue from the previous problem but I suspect not. Depending on arrangements for tomorrow I may or may not have time to jack it up, remove the wheel and get a proper view of what is going on.

Fortunately, management's car will be OK but the idea of suggesting that I might purloin it for an extended period might well result in my untimely demise - and justify your concerns!

Meanwhile, whatever was a Donington today was extremely noisy and much of it very high revving.

At some points in the afternoon, I started to wonder if the rev frequency was so high it went out of my hearing range. Things seemed to go quiet as the revs peaked.