View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4163364)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I did the California Cup autotest, bit of a shadow of its former self being run in the main arena and under time pressure but still great fun. It was worth it because the major Club autotest was in plain view of visitors and hopefully seeing so many everyday cars being used in competition will encourage some new competitors.

It was my first such event for nearly 30 years so I was a bit rusty and the ZR isn't the best ever vehicle for this, also remembering this is genuinely the wife's shopping car. Managed to win the class which is a real hoot.

Much fewer trade stands/autojumbles, presumably indicative of the Real World where the internet dominates.

Brilliant atmosphere as ever though, meeting people from all round the world and Facebook. Friendly and fun. My first MG Car Club International Weekend must have been 1972 or so, it's all changed a bit since then.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk