Thread: ELMS Race ELMS round 3: Red Bull Ring
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2014, 18:16 (Ref:3436353)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I find just the reverse is true — that ELMS is compelling while the WEC is simply tedious to watch. The Pro-Am classes in ELMS are simply better (more cars) than those in the WEC and there’s more at stake as well — ELMS P2 and GTE-AM teams are effectively auditioning for invites to Le Mans, and the consequences for not getting an invite could include a team being forced to shut down.
i agree.

i think you're mostly all missing the point. you're all so absorbed in the minutae of detail that you're not looking and seeing the big picture. i think in any form of the sport comparisons to the past are pointless, what you have to look at is the position of a series within the existing scene and whether it's making the most of the available potential market.

and even on a basic level... the races are absolutely superb. i'm disappointed that so many people can't look past their own opinion to just watch the racing. that is, after all, what we're there for.