Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3782214)   #804
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Kubica will drive for Williams at Abu Dhabi. Official confirmation soon.
Williams have finally made the confirmation that he will drive in the tests. A couple of weeks after the media seemed to know this was the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Not taking anything away from Kubica's recovery to get to where he is now. But you do have to wonder how much of that 45% is goodwill/sympathy, how much is reliving his past success and how much is genuinely he's the right man for the job.
Williams seem to be giving him more than just good will.
Stroll (with all his financial influence) and Sirotkin are getting a half-day each.
Kubica is getting two half-days. The description of why is given as:
'Lance, as confirmed race driver for 2018, Robert with his huge experience and Sergey as a very promising young talent in F1'

It seems they value his input into the team more than their current driver. And if they were assessing potential rivals for a seat, surely they would give Sirotkin an equal chance?