View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3782265)   #55
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the results are in....

The main messages on the Mercedes Website are the GLA, GLC and a 4Matic promotion.
GLA would appear to be the closest fit to an F1 audience (if connected to 'flamboyant' or 'charismatic' drivers). A closer look at the GLA makes a passing reference to a 'motorsport-style' cluster so a tenuous link to F1 and the driver(s). No fit for DR here in a marketing sense.

The main messages on the F1 site are a celebration of results this season, and promotion of an app. Alongside this, there is an insight into the workings of a pit stop. Again, nothing that relates to driver's style of charisma, opposed to just recognising on-track results.

What does this show? Well in a highly unscientific test - there appears to be nothing gained from MB in signing DR if they maintain their current stance in the marketing sphere.