View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4057397)   #160
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was an enjoyable race weekend. I didn't realise there were no safety cars. That's probably partly why I enjoyed it so much!

A good win for Ingram and a strong start to the season for him. More than any other driver in recent years he keeps coming frustratingly within a hair's breadth of his first championship win. I hope he gets one and soon. He seems a likable guy as well. His positivity that's been pointed out before is quite inspiring.

JP knows all about coming within hair's breadths of championship wins as well. I hope this bad weekend was a temporary anomaly after such a promising comeback at Thruxton. I did notice he's changed his Twitter bio to just say "above average driver in the BTCC." - nothing wrong with a bit of self-deprecation but I hope he's not feeling despondent.

As I said before, I'd love to see Ash take his third title this year (if he sticks with the BTCC and a good team, I could see him eventually getting 5 titles or possibly even more, such is the level of his talent). It's certainly not a foregone conclusion as I feel Turks' position will strengthen as the year continues and if Shedden shakes off the Jelley-esque bad luck he could probably be a contender too. When he said after the third race that he didn't want to risk the position by being more aggressive against Sutton I have to wonder what exactly that would've involved and how it would've played out.

Last edited by hen henths; 20 Jun 2021 at 15:19.