View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2895380)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Apparently it hasn't been that long since we've had LMP675... so we should without a great deal of difficultly get cars down some 225 kg lighter than they are now. I think the biggest challenge is the weight of the diesel engines, and we know that the ACO couldn't put them at a disadvantage.
Exactly, the light cars have already existed. But if I recall, the 675's had a lot of reliability issues. On the other hand i'm sure a team like audi or peugeot wouldn't have that issue.

as far as the "delta schwing" goes, if a team wanted to make a light weight car with crazy proportions I dont' have a problem with it, but I wouldn't expect other teams to follow.