View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2017, 23:30 (Ref:3704609)   #18
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
I will refrain from typing an utter diatribe on what I just witnessed at 6:00 PM on January 23rd, 2017. However, I will say this from the bottom of my heart as a former nascar fan.

Back when I discovered nascar back in 2000 and subsequently started following it obsessively in 2001, I thought it was the most tremendous and exciting thing since *insert cliche analogy here*____. I had a favorite driver, I was within the locale of a nearby track on the calendar (Loudon), I loved the simple and easy to follow nature of it all; a season long battle of the top stock car drivers in North America leading up to the final race at Homestead to determine a champion.

After watching the first ten minutes of that press conference on TV...all that came to mind was; My god, what on earth has happened to this series?