View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3771871)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
No one other than FOM is allowed to film Live track action with their own cameras. The most they can do is film in the pits at certain times such as during Free Practices and when the pit lane opens Pre race.
Makes sense. I would add, there seems to be allowed press scrums during/after race as well to interview drivers, etc.

Quote:
So the term OTT relates to On The Track action.
I totally screwed that up and converted OTT to OTA (over the air).

Quote:
So getting back to F1, my read is that, the sticking point with the US networks was that they were wanting to set up track cameras at all events or perhaps provide the World feed at the US event themselves (as Monaco).
I would be absolutely shocked if anyone (including the largest US networks) had much if any interest in running their own cameras at events. "Maybe" at the US GP. The problem is that F1 is still a bit of novelty in the US. We generally feel luck if we are able to watch it all let alone some network spending significant money for their own production.

Quote:
As such, I'm taking what's in that article to mean that ESPN aren't paying the extra to have their full OB production crew to host shows on-site. That the shows will be hosted from the US, going to the World feed at the 5 minute sting, and then back to the studio. They may have a single camera setup for interviews that can be sent back to the US on the media centre uplinks.
I hope this does not preclude the current setup of pit lane interviews, etc. with Will Buxton. Assuming Will or anyone from the current team moves to ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Nah. The nbcsn crew is great. Well, except when varsha is there. He sucks all life out of it. But I am not going to like this if they don't keep the same crew. And will they still broadcast fp1 and qualifying? Because espn2 has other programming on Friday mornings when fp1 is usually on. Would not be surprised if those two sessions become relegated to online with espn3 or pay for it online. That would severely suck.
I like the current crew. I even liked Varsha. I know some are not a fan of Diffey. I think Diffey has other stuff that he does for NBC. I don't know if Buxton, Hobbs and Matchett have other NBC roles. If not, I can imagine them moving to ESPN?

I think ESPN has committed to showing the practice sessions, but I fully expect some/most of that to be pushed to secondary channels or even online only (yuck).

Richard