View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3956254)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Not true and you know it, I take it that BEV's are not to your liking?
Not at all, we actively looked at them before settling on a hybrid.

Most are mega expensive. Teslas, Jaguars, etc. Some are brilliant, some are still fairly poor.
BME i8 or VWs are ridiculous prices. For something the size of our Hybrid Toyota there's at least a 2/3rds premium. Evan a BASIC Nissan Leaf is another £8k and it's horrible.
Things which are affordable are terrible - Renault Twizzy's. There's nothing on the market which we could consider that's anywhere near close to affordable for someone on a little over average salaries. Second hand is questionable for longevity, given we tend to keep our cars for 10 years or thereabouts and all suggestions is current battery technology won't last that long.

In short, for your normal person-about-town the prices currently are unsustainable, and if you want to use it for anything out of town, there are other difficulties. I couldn't, for instance, use anything to go to Silverstone for a weekend. I can't tow a caravan and get there and back, and I can't get there and back twice and have time to charge it, so even if one car is electric, I still need something which isn't for the other - and since that needs to be a towcar then I'm faced with both being more expensive.