View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3956564)   #23
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
The other problem is that EVs come in three types
1) Very expensive
2) Useless and/or awful
3) Both of the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Not true and you know it, I take it that BEV's are not to your liking?
What do you mean "not true"?

An average economy car EV like a Nissan Leaf, Hyundai Ioniq or Honda e is about twice as expensive as the equivalent Nissan Pulsar, Hyundai i30 or Honda Jazz. If that isn't "very expensive" than what is!?

Given we are on a motor racing forum for car enthusiasts, I can very much see how a Renault-Nissan enthusiast who likes Megane RS Trophy style fun-to-drive cars would consider the equally priced Nissan Leaf to be both awful and expensive.

All the things the car enthusiast likes such as a snappy manual gearbox, sport bucket seats, sporty styling with widened wheel arches, a rorty exhaust noise, feelsome steering and precise handling are missing in the Nissan Leaf, hence it's "awful" (in terms of driving enjoyment and style), while the price being expensive ($50k/30k GBP for a small hatchback) is self-evident.

Compare the pair:

These cars are about the same price! Surely you can see why some people would consider the Leaf to be both 'awful' (they would probably say the combustion engine 1.8L CVT Nissan Pulsar economy car is also awful for that matter -- same lack of style, same lack of driving fun etc) but crucially the worst sin is that the Leaf is far too expensive for an economy car.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 9 Feb 2020 at 12:52.