View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2004, 19:13 (Ref:924367)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sawbench & Fireblade, welcome to ten-tenths. Your comments are welcome as are everyone else's.
It was very enlightening to read your comments; re Prescott.

I will make an assumption here (and stand to be corrected) that neither of you have ever marshalled during my 18yrs on-the-bank at most Prescott meetings.
If the above is true (which we accept for the time being and sake of this post) then neither of you will have the slightest idea of the outside pressures being put upon current Venues and Clerks in the shape of Health and Safety Regulations. Until you are in that position, please be careful about what you say/type/post etc.

I, on the other hand, have a very limited knowledge about the trials and tribulations that may face competitors at a meeting BUT I know EXACTLY just what the Venues and Clerks are doing for Marshals!!! For the most, they are trying to protect both themselves and us. THAT is why there is a "Tonka Toy" at Prescott, THAT is why we "give-a-car-one-go" to get it out of the gravel trap (we're marshals after all and love to get our hands on a car!!), but if the driver has buried it then there is a possibility of injuries to marshals (strains etc), claims against insurance, (higher premiums=higher entry fees), or even worse, the marshals not returning!!!

Quote:
if there are no delays at Prescott, but there seems to be when a car goes off into the gravel and they have to get the digger keys...
Just who put that car into the gravel ?????????

Quote:
And not to mention the dust blowers and general paraphenalia that they seem to kit the Prescott mob with.
ALL of which is designed to help "The Prescott (highly trained and very experienced) Mob" be more efficient and so allow more time for racing !!!!!!!!!!!

So to sum up,
I would like the pair of you to consider a couple of options;

1) think of the bigger picture,
2) think about others

but most importantly........

3) come and have a pint with us in the Marshal's Pound!!

you'd be surprised just what can be achieved with a little integration between drivers/marshals/officials, especially when done over a couple of drinks!!

We all want the same thing so let's not have any digs in public please.