View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2706981)   #30
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First off I think there must be not to many different classes, as this results in low entrylists, like Div 2 is at this moment. First off all the classes must not change to much, as did Div 2 in the past.

Supercars:
I still believe the 45 mm has to go, especially since they weigh so much. Why limit the supercars while super 1600 is hardly limited? What everybody is saying about 1,9 sec to 60 mph and comparing with F1. The cars still seem slow once they are on the move (50 mph on). Launch control should go to, bring back wheelspin and unequal starts. Limit the use of high-tech materials. Headsets should go to. For the rest keep it as it, no point in going back to spaceframes, this makes all cars worthless.

Super 1600:
Keep it as it is. You could buy a rallycar or build your own (like Snoeck did). Only ditch the launchcontrol and maybe sequential gearboxes.

Current Div 2:
Well this is the black sheep. Personally I think it is stupid to make an affordable class when you allow RWD modifications. Especially as FWD will be bigger due to European emissions. This means you need money or need to be very handy. I'd rather seen Super 2000 kitcars, like the old Xsara's, Clio's, 306's, Ibiza's, Golf's and Megane's.

European Championship:
To be honest maybe only Supercars and Super 1600 should be egible for the European Championship, no Div 2. And maybe other class structures should only be introduced for National clubman racing. Maybe there you should be allowed to drive whatever you can afford or build? This works for rallying too!