View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3671426)   #20
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
On a side note, the entitlement some IMSA fans show is astounding. Like ACO should be grateful for IMSAs involvement and give them everything they want. DPi sounds great...for IMSA. But it isn't a fix for LMP1-L.
Entitlement?????? Wow, ACO can do no wrong guy aren't you? Personally hope the ACO chokes on their stupidity and screwing all of their old teams in favor or manufacturers and chasing the FIA. Has anyone outside of Audi stuck around for longer than a decade under the new rules in LMP? They are worse than ALMS/IMSA in the 'wait, wait, you'll see we're right' PR BS, if I waited for their promised cars I'd just be older with nothing to show. To pretend the R-One is anything but what a DPi will be is beyond delusional. Let's see, base Oreca chassis (check), non chassis, non-spec Gibson engine (check), bodywork from the team to their design (check) not officially werks program car (check). Explain to me again, without the spirit of the rules BS, how it's not pretty damn close? And sorry, Mazda is NOT going to be running a hybrid anytime soon so that's not happening in LMP1 with a total company budget in the neighborhood of what VAG spends just on the two LMP1s.

The only fix for LMP1-L is to take it out back and kill it. There's less than zero interest in anything other than a watch company burning up the profits from insanely expensive timepieces. Kolles is a dumpster fire in sportscars as they were in F1, often an actual fire too. Nothing against the team guys but think they are hamstrung by their budget and resources.