Thread: Diecast/Models MiniChamps Die-casts
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2000, 07:18 (Ref:31807)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, don't stop on my account at least - that was fascinating. I knew about the region, but had no idea of the name of it, and of course no idea why you, renniesmill, chose that particular monicker.

That's a nice thought.

But I've got a lead possibly on one of your cars. Have you tried the eBay auction site? I use it often, and I have bought a large number of race car models over the last year. My own thing is self-assembly kits, but there is a healthy trade in Minichamps going on too.

There's a 91 Schumacher Jordan listed right now. It's located in Germany, but I have had no hassles dealing across the globe, so that shouldn't be a problem. Current bid price is DM60 in Deutschmarks, which converts to about £19 sterling or $26 US.

You're right about the discontinued models. Minichamps do this deliberately in order to boost the collectability. But as the Schumacher Collection was so popular, I don't suppose they're actually all that scarce. After all, these are marketed as collector models, and so a fairly low percentage of them are going to be stripped of their packing and wind up in the toyboxes of the world!

Hope this helps.