Thread: Driver 2019 F1 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3849405)   #306
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
OK, I’m going to say this to get it off my chest, and I don’t expect people to agree with me: I don’t get the veneration of Räikkönen.
the man is a personality vacuum - F1 is hardly awash with personalities - Raikkonen is no worse than any others. In fact - how many others have fallen off a yacht in Monaco whilst drunk, or fallen out of a nightclub holding an inflatable dolphin? The ice cream incident? The reason he gave for missing Schumachers presentation? Come on!

monosyllabic to the point of making Mike Häkkinen look like Joan Rivers -He just doesn't go along with all the ******** PR speak that the others churn out - how much of what the other drivers say actually means anything?

he seems to have absolutely no passion for racing, or for motorsport. Really? Went and did WRC when he was out of F1, raced ski mobiles (under the name "James Hunt" whilst wearing a gorilla suit). Had a go in a NASCAR. If anything he's only interested in the racing - none of the other stuff that drivers have to do.

Never seems excited by anything,never enthuses about a new car The others do - but again it's just PR balls - the McLaren drivers were giving it all the "Ooh this car is ace" guff before the season started. Why bother with all that when it's clearly rubbish?

doesn’t even have Spaniard-like tantrums about bad equipment. But does if they don't give him his steering wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Just... nothing. I’m glad Ferrari have plumped for Leclerc, and I don’t *think* they’ll regret it.
I'm glad Kimi will be around for another couple of years. But all the same I hope LeClerc does well at Ferrari.