Thread: Driver 2019 F1 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3849416)   #310
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
OK, I’m going to say this to get it off my chest, and I don’t expect people to agree with me: I don’t get the veneration of Räikkönen. He’s a fast driver, and used to be faster still, but the man is a personality vacuum, monosyllabic to the point of making Mike Häkkinen look like Joan Rivers, and he seems to have absolutely no passion for racing, or for motorsport. Never seems excited by anything, never enthuses about a new car, doesn’t even have Spaniard-like tantrums about bad equipment. Just... nothing. I’m glad Ferrari have plumped for Leclerc, and I don’t *think* they’ll regret it.
Putting aside the Leclerc to Ferrari issue...

I think the description you provide of Kimi is exactly why people like him. He is not absent of personality, but rather his personality is contrary to others. I actually think he is passionate about racing, but he is just so different than everyone else. If everyone was like Kimi he wouldn't stand out.

Someone posted this the other day and I think it sums up Kimi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ3qSe9nhk8

I am not a fan at all of crass or boorish behavior, but I don't think that is what his intent was. He was just being honest and straight to the point. Comments from other drivers seems too calculated, manufactured and guarded. Even when they are celebrating.

Richard