View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3999218)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
There were aero complaints at Texas (from viewers and drivers alike); pretty sure they weren't using a road course configuration there. Granted, at the speeds they're reaching at GATEWAY, you need aero and will have a bunch of aero wash regardless, but it's frustrating to me and drivers that once you get close to another driver, you lose all sorts of advantage. It's the same for everyone on track but it would be nice to have a bit more closing speed and overtaking. I don't think there would be much disagreement from anyone but how to make that happen is more complicated than I can imagine
They were using the Superspeedway configuration at Texas and it was the first time the Aeroscreen had been used in a race and on an oval. That will have made a difference to the car's aero and something that would have been relatively unknown, as this was the first time in race conditions.

Most of the car's downforce is produced by the car's floor and with the Superspeedway configuration, that's even more so, with the front and rear wings being much smaller and therefore the car produces less wake, allowing the following car to get closer. At Gateway they were using the short oval configuration, which will produce more wake as it uses larger wings.