View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2018, 03:36 (Ref:3808088)   #479
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very interesting article from Autosport, in which Penske president Tim Cindric says IndyCar must avoid becoming completely a spec series, as it would be a "short-sighted" decision, believing a common car is for "lower motorsport".

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/134831

I like the move to the UAK. It gave us an above average season opener at St. Pete and on the strength of that I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and I don't think we will be dissapointed. It is also very reminiscent of the Lolas, Penskes and Reynards that raced in the late ''80s and early '90s. That said, it is a spec car and not having other chassis manufacturers is missing.

He's right, IndyCar should be calculated on opening one area at a time going forward, rather than continue to reduce it to a spec series. Hopefully, with the introduction of the new engine in 2020, IndyCar might consider opening up chassis manufacturing. I really hope Mark Miles is listening to Tim Cindric.