View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3498897)   #27
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I ahve often thought teh Focus is the better package, more stable. The Fiesta has ALWAYS struggled with understeer in this version, much like Walfridssons Clio, always been a total pig of a car, the focus is more stable, longer wheelbase I imagine.
Walfridsons Clio is quite a good car actually. The only making it look bad is the driver. Many have criticized the Clio for being to soft or looking wobly, but actually its because of Steckas driving. During his time there was probably no driver that was left-foot braking as much as he did, he has always been and will always be a real rally driver. Gas, brake, gas, brake, gas all the time making the car look softer than it actually was. Only on tracks he really knew would he have a bit smoother driving.

Mats Lysen for example was more smooth in his driving and at his best he was in the top five at least I think, much because of him and the car coming along. I remember when he won in Norway in 2011, no one could really match him or Isachsen during the whole event. The only thing that hindered him throughout the season was himself. He got too excited at times which made him do a lot of errors