View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2015, 23:56 (Ref:3499309)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
I might be totally wrong here but I think Ken Block have at least 2 Fiestas. One OMSE and one M-Sport.
I think I read somewhere that M-Sport only prepared Kens car in the European races in 2014.
I guess Eddi know's
Be interested to hear the official answer, I can think of at least three now. There is the OMSE built GYM3 Fiesta (used in Gymkhana 3).

The H.F.H.V. Fiesta (used in Gymkhana 4, Gymkhana 5, Rally America and GRC 2012) was based on an M-Sport WRC shell, but I don't think it was prepared by M-Sport (I'm sure I recall Guru mentioning Henning Solberg at the time?).

Now he has got the RX43 (used in Gymkhana 6, GRC 2013 and GRC 2014). There are two "RX43" spec cars. One is owned by Block and run by his team in the States, the other is owned and run by M-Sport. I believe it is the M-Sport owned car that Block drove in Norway and France (that's how I read the Rallycross World article anyway).

Sure there has been at least one Block-owned Open class (Rally America) Fiesta as well, plus he has used several WRC Fiesta (which I assume have been rented from M-Sport?).

Moving back onto the subject of M-Sport rallycross Fiestas did anyone see the press release from M-Sport earlier this month? I just noticed it whilst looking for the link to the Rallycross World article:

M-Sport - Rallycross Project Expands

Couple of lines towards the end that caught my eye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Sport Press Release
As the new rallycross season approaches, M-Sport will deliver a number of cars to competitors across the Atlantic – the first of which will support a two-car Global Rallycross team for Bryan Herta Autosport.
At least two more M-Sport Fiestas heading for the GRC then?