View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3919206)   #83
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think in my case I still have the joy of the forum, but not social media. Facebook is absolutely uninhabitable now. My Twitter account, I literally deleted and recreated to do a full clear out, and now I have no motorsport on it. I found Facebook particularly toxic when I started reading the popular motorsport groups on it.

I do think a good commentary team is crucial to the series doing well online. IMSA Radio vastly improved the online coverage of IMSA. It was almost unwatchable without them. But...there's that line of - love the commentary team, but my interest isn't in them. It's in the sport itself. They aren't the sport I'm interested in. But maybe that's just me and I'm being very moany and unreasonable about it.

The Office analogy you made is absolutely spot on. That's exactly what it is, lol.

We may have concentrated on IMSA there, but I feel like ELMS and sometimes WEC falls into that. Less so with Blancpain, as SRO does its own productions. Blancpain does have its own issues with Watson losing his mind, but that's a different topic.

It's funny how priorities change. Sean has stopped clicking on clickbait websites, and some of that occurs naturally. You don't make an active effort, it just occurs less. I've actually gone the other way, and now I end up on S365 more than I used to because I want a website that displays quickly, sentences that are structured properly and headlines and text which display without errors. I value the technical and presentation side of things, and S365 does that very very well.