Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4160068)   #106
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that, in addition to everything else, watching races on TV also sometimes gives a false impression because our screens only show one part of a race at a time, whether that be what is happening up front or in the middle of the pack. So we as viewers only see that and subsequently we don't know what is happening elsewhere. This is so unlike being a track-side spectator sitting in a grandstand or standing at the fence at Paddock Hill bend on the Indy circuit, where you can see what is happening almost everywhere around the track, just not the actual apex of Druids.

The answer to that would be to broadcast split screens, however I believe that that would be highly unlikely to happen, certainly in the short to medium term.

This is why, when I and my sons go spectating, we will always chose a spot where we can see at least two separate parts of the track so that the viewing is enhanced and not so boring and we see more action.
Having been at the track yesterday, I can assure you that the racing was poor throughout the field. As much as it pains me to say it, the Spanish GP was legitimately more exciting, and that's coming from someone who considers saloon/touring car racing to be above all else in terms of on track action.