View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4164673)   #115
Sammo303
Rookie

Sammo303 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
Some good ideas on how to make it more interesting. My biggest pet peeve at the moment is how race 2 feels like a replication of race 1 as it seems the top places rarely change materially (no doubt ill get an official correction shortly) but I think this is the area to tackle. Just need to be mindful of the huge effort that goes into getting pole and it wouldn't be fair to have the same reward should race 2 pole be decided through a hat draw
I think having two qualifying sessions, one each for the order of race 1 & 2 is the answer, but it needs a twist. That twist would come in the form of drivers doing second qualy in reverse gear only. This would place far more importance on driver skill than car setup, so would level the field across the teams with different budgets. It would be a slower lap so you'd only get one outlap to build tyre temperature, one flying lap, and then a cool down lap. If you spin out you get a distance covered measurement rather than a laptime. All those who get a laptime will be ranked first, after which distance covered will be used. Those who install a front passenger seat as an arm rest for reversing will have to carry the extra weight in race 2.