Thread: TOCA Media Day
View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2001, 20:07 (Ref:75043)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Yes Alan is confirmed, as I said near the top of the page Radio TOCA will be available as a webcast, along with a few webcams.

Have to echo what Craig has said about the Vauxhalls, the Astras sound more like V8s than strangled SuperTourers. Those people how said that with more weight and less bhp the cars would be slow.... oh boy, are you in for a surprise The 4 Astras and 2 Peugeot in close formation for the photo shoot was spectacular enough, can't wait to see a full grid at full race pace.

Vauxhall had 4 cars (2 works, 2 Egg) and Peugeot a pair of 406s for Steve Soper and Matt Neal. Dan Eaves was there but didn't get to drive. JSM had the mock-up 147, the race car should be ready in a week or so and they will (should) have both cars ready in time for the first race. To follow up another thread the Production 147 seen at Donny last weekend will not race in the BTCC this year. ABG still had nothing to show.

Most of the Production teams/drivers were there,
2 x Barwell Hondas
Jim Jr's Honda
2 x Techspeed Peugeots
2 x HTML Peugeots
Tom Boardman's Peugeot
3 x GR Fords (Howell, Jackson and Kraemer)
2 x GA-Janspeed Alfas
1 x CAM Mitsubishi (both Ruokonen and Neate drove)
1 x B&Q Honda (Beaumont, although John B&Q may have driven as well)

Overall Muller was fastest at 49.636s, Kaye the fastest Production driver @ 52.028s. One surprise for me was how little the performance difference was between the 2 classes compared to last year. The combined feature race could be interesting to say the least.

Lorna and I had a long chat with Richard West, who came across as very approachable and a real enthusiast. Look for a full article shortly where we may even reveal who Richard has tipped to win the championship

Have to say a big thank you to the folks at JardinePR who did a fantasic job organising the 2 days.