View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3964628)   #1
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Planty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your alternative motorsport chronicle

With no motorsport in sight in nearest future, I had a thought about how to enjoy others during the days of no-racing. What about use a fantasy and make our own racing fiction, and why not to start in 1950 ?

The rules will be simple. We will use our imagination to create an alternative chronicle of motorsport. Using real names and real manufacturers, add a bit of spice, a bit of thrill, a bit of turnaround and a lot of fantasy.

How it will work? We will start with year 0 - 1950, with two categories - Grand Prix and Sports Cars. You should post your story of the season (please, no long texts that will take hours to read), whereas I will choose from the best and combine them to create ultimate story for respective season and publish it there (to have regular sanctioning). Throughout the year we can add Touring Car and Rally categories. All of them should be on international level, based in Europe, as most of us are based there.

Every 5 days, there will be break to upload stories and process them. Thus one season will take 5 days.

Example of the story:
Grand Prix 1950

Teams: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Talbot, Gordini, Maserati (E.Plate), Scuderia Milano, ERA, ACA Argentina, Ferrari UK, Scuderia Ambrosiana

Races: Pau, Silverstone, Monaco, Reims, Nurburgring, Spa, Tripolis, Monza, Pescara, Buenos Aires

In its first year of championship Grand Prix racing, Alfa Romeo returned to its pre-war fitness by winning 5 from 10 championship races. Still, the drivers title was out of reach thanks to the fact, that factory strikes did not enable the team to compete in four Grand Prix events. French ace Louis Rosier, driving a Talbot, used this to his advantage, and through consistency, reached for the first ever World Championship title for drivers. Alfa Romeo drivers tried to stay within the reach of title by trying to contract with other teams, but factory did not let them, which ultimately led to Fangio's defection first to his previous ACA Argentina team, and then to works-supported Enrico Plate stable - whose cars were prepared in Switzerland. Thanks to this, he finished second in the standings. Ferrari also missed on 3 races due to strike, but the strikes did not affect the factory so much and the drivers also had their chance to earn some buck in Formula 2. The International Automobile federation demanded, that should the championship have world status, it should be at least held on 3 continents. After organizers of Indianapolis 500 rejected an offer to be part of "European" style racing, circuit of Tripolis was revived for a lot of investment and held its first post-war race. Last race of the season was then held at Argentina in November.