View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2020, 16:40 (Ref:3984773)   #122
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
what would the 'sliding doors' scenario be if BE was in charge during the pandemic?
My initial thought is that broadly not much. In that I don't think we would be racing now, or significantly sooner than current plans. Generally speaking the sport and business of F1 is mostly at the mercy of how well the various world governments are able to deal with the pandemic.

What I do think is that BE might be much more vocal about moving things forward than we have now. But note, I don't expect it would help and we might have more "Helmut Marko... infect them" types of ideas flowing from him. And those would bring harmful negative press and show he is very out of step with modern times/reality. His recent diversity comments are an example of why it's good he is not involved.

Richard