View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2002, 15:40 (Ref:368344)   #23
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dave Morgan was a very good driver and became a very well respected race engineer. Andy Sutcliffe too was very quick and went on to F5000 with the 'Thursday's' March team.
I recall that Dave was working for the Lamborghini f1 team in 91. He could always be spotted smoking his pipe - hanging from his mouth even in the high octane atmosphere of the F1 pit lane. One of the drivers, Van der Poele I think it was, complained about the size of the cockpit saying the other teams cars were different. 'One way to sort this out' said Dave who promptly marched into the Ferrari garage, tape measure in hand and started to take measurements. The Ferrari mechanics quickly man-handled him out! That caused a bit of a storm.
I saw many of his races including his famous win at Mallory in the F2 Brabham against most of the top guys of the day.
His brother Richard was also very quick in FF and F.Atlantic. Here is a pic I have found of Dave in his 1972 F2 March at Crystal Palace.
Attached Thumbnails
dmorg.jpg